Proud to have sponsored the Burton Albion v Liverpool EFL Cup Match Ball last night.
The operator claims the technology will give all its customers ‘superior voice quality’
EE have identified a very small number of incidents where Power Bars have overheated, all of which relate to batch number E1-06, which could pose a fire safety risk.
End of the line for rip-off 0800 numbers: Mobile phone users currently charged up to 20p a minute will dial for free after fees are outlawed
GROUNDBREAKING NEW EE MICRO NETWORK SET TO BENEFIT RURAL COMMUNITIES
EE set to connect more than 1,500 communities by the end of 2017
World-first technology successfully trialled in Cumbria village of Sebergham, with all
129 households and small businesses receiving data and voice connectivity from only
three ‘meshed’ small antennas
New EE micro network changes the economics of mobile coverage by removing the
requirement to build large masts and install sub-ground cables 2 nd December 2014 – EE, the UK’s largest mobile network operator, is today committing to connect more than 1,500 rural communities within three years by investing in a unique micro network technology that provides coverage to remote areas with no need for broadband or cables.
Starting in early 2015, EE will be making voice services, as well as 3G and 4G mobile data coverage available in communities that currently don’t have reliable mobile or high speed broadband. These areas have remained unconnected by traditional approaches to network deployment that have relied on building large masts.
To cover these communities, EE will build new micro networks that wirelessly connect small mobile antennas to a suitable nearby macro site, without the need for cabling, dramatically improving the economics of connecting hard to reach areas.
The first community to be connected through trials of the new micro network technology is the small village of Sebergham, in Cumbria. Sebergham has 129 dwellings and 347 residents, and sits in a deep valley.
Cumbria County Councillor, Duncan Fairbairn, said:
“The mobile service here is either non-existent or spasmodic at best. And the broadband is incredibly slow and very unreliable. In rural communities like Sebergham, being connected to good, reliable mobile coverage can make a significant difference to everyday life and we need fast broadband.
We’re delighted to be the first community in the UK to benefit from this EE initiative, and there are more villages in my parish that I know will benefit hugely from this, and they’re excited to be connected next.”
It may be third time lucky for EE with an attempt to route voice calls over Wi-Fi, as the company has announced it is working on another service which reduces the often prohibitive cost of rolling out coverage to places with few people and difficult terrain.
Operator says service will enable people to make phone calls with greater quality and degree of reliability than VoIP services
Vodafone to shut Silicon Valley tech incubator and boost London hub.
- Company to open 150 new shops and create 1,400 new jobs across the UK
- £100 million boost to the UK's high streets
- Vodafone UK’s annual investment in networks and services to reach £1 billion in 2014 - the highest in the company's history
Vodafone has today unveiled plans to ramp up its UK investment programme with the opening of 150 new shops
So, the results are in and Rootmetrics have announced that EE is the best network here in the UK based on Mobile Internet, calls and texts tests taken all across the country.
- Why 5G connectivity will be key to the future of the connected car https://t.co/p3G7C2gPqt (2 years ago)
- Why 5G connectivity will be key to the future of the connected car https://t.co/aLaEdJ77it https://t.co/Gqbttk2rae (2 years ago)
- Mobile, IoT and cloud biggest drivers for Wi-Fi growth https://t.co/jdefRRALOv (2 years ago)
- Mobile, IoT and cloud biggest drivers for Wi-Fi growth https://t.co/IcZosnAE5B https://t.co/DVpYdSKu5w (2 years ago)
- https://t.co/AScVrH0lz7 (2 years ago)
- https://t.co/X1CSa8ijkz (2 years ago)
- https://t.co/CPA16aeRTu (2 years ago)
- https://t.co/3XmCbEW7Cf (2 years ago)
- Nine reasons healthcare is the biggest cyberattack target https://t.co/0MyfwpAgd5 (2 years ago)
- Nine reasons healthcare is the biggest cyberattack target https://t.co/Ijd5CbRq0j https://t.co/EAjztUxM8V (2 years ago)